You probably have all the ingredients for this marinade in your pantry right now. If you don’t, you should! Make a full batch of this chicken so you have some leftovers, they’re great the next day. Cold, right out of the fridge, or room temp for picnic or road-trip lunch. They reheat well too.
I used them in this salad.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a seasonal green vegetable for a classic dinner. Or, try pureed cauliflower in place of the potatoes.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons authentic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or date sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine ground sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to your liking
Preheat oven to 350F. Stir all the marinade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken thighs and use your hands to coat them evenly with the marinade. Cover and let them marinate in fridge for 3-4 hours (or overnight). Arrange chicken in a large baking dish and bake about 40 minutes, or until cooked throughout, basting a couple of times with the juices when they’re getting close to done, to help them brown up nicely.